What happens to the Over budgeted amounts?
In December I over budgeted by about $500, so at the top it says -$500 to be budgeted. How does this factor into the next month, January? Does it that amount carry over into January leaving me with $500 less to be budgeted? Where does it say that?
Yes, the over-budgeted will carry over to all future months until more income is received to offset it.
Why are you overbudgeted? Rule 1 is to give every dollar a job. When you have negative TBB or you have overspent categories, then you have given your dollars more than one job. This should be corrected as it happens. Don't wait for more money to fix it.
Hi Steel Blue Python ,
Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see a more obvious indicator of over-budgeting in a previous month. That's helpful for us to know and I've passed your request along to our design team.
nolesrule is correct that any over-budgeted amounts are included in the calculation for "Funds for [This Month]". Here's the overall list of what makes up that number:
- the amount leftover in To be Budgeted from last month
- the amount Budgeted in Future from last month
- all Inflow:To Be Budgeted transactions for the current month (including from Reconciliation Balance Adjustments)
- any Starting Balance transactions with a date in the current month on cash accounts (not credit card accounts)
- any positive credit card balances in the current month
- any cash advances from a credit account to a cash account in the current month
I'm going to go ahead mark your post as answered, but don't hesitate to tag me if you have any remaining questions!