Credit cards problem
I have a three part problem
1) i have a number of transactions in my account that are saying they haven't cleared despite having been directly imported from CC company.
2) Not all the closed transactions in the credit card account imported. (i.e. imported through 3/15 when there were non-pending transactions through 3/18
3) Balance will not match when I reconcile
Hi TMACMI ! I’m happy to help. Let's go one by one!
1. Are those Scheduled Transactions by chance? Transactions imported from your bank will automatically clear, but scheduled transactions will not. When imported or scheduled transactions appear in your account register, you will be asked to approve them.
An easy way to check if the transaction has imported, is to click the Payee field in the web app and look for "Bank Import Details". Check out this HelpDoc for more details on approving transactions!
2. Your financial institution may hold a transaction as “pending” for a day or two, but once they are cleared/posted, they should be available to import in YNAB within 24 hours. If you're seeing delays beyond that, you can report a Bank Importing Issue here and our importing team is happy to look closer at your specific connection.
3. Your account balances are controlled by the transactions you enter or import. So if anything is missing (#2) or incorrect, then that's likely the culprit. To get things on track, you can add transactions to make sure you can reconcile in the meantime.
#2 -- A transaction has to a) clear the bank and b) get picked up by the import provider. There will always be an additional delay between (a) and (b) as the latter only polls your bank once (I believe) per 24 hours. (It could be twice, but hopefully you get my point.)
That's why manually entering transactions is recommended. Categories are much more up-to-date, providing more accurate spending guidance. This is especially important in a multi-spender scenario.