Where have my transactions gone?
I use file based import as I'm outside the US. I recently imported a number of transactions in error, subsequently deleted them and tried to re-import correctly. I can now not see some of these transactions and when I try to re-import them, the software skips over them and will not bring them in.
I've tried removing filters and ensuring reconciled and scheduled transactions are shown to no avail....
Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated 🤔
Hi This was a green pram !
To prevent duplicates from importing, once you import a transaction and then delete it, YNAB won’t allow importing those transactions into the same account again. To get around that, you can either manually enter those transactions or create a new account.
If you create a new account, you can move all of the existing transactions over and delete the current account, that way you don't lose any transaction history. Here’s how to do that:
1. Click Add Account. Then choose the option to Add Manual Account.
2. Give the account a name that is slightly different than the one you already have. Choose the Account Type, and then enter a $0 starting balance (since we’re going to move over all the transactions from the other account).
3. Go to the original account, select all of the transactions, and move them to the new account using the Edit menu.
4. Refresh your browser.
5. Hover over the name of the original (now empty) account, click the edit icon, and Delete Account.
6. Now, you can edit the name of the new account and/or set up Direct Import if you'd like.
Now, when you import that file, you should be able to import those missing transactions just fine. :)