- I create a new budget
- I create a checking account with todays Balance $2000 ( Budget)
- I create a savings account with todays balance $1000 ( Budget )
- I now have a "TBB" amount that needs to be budgeted $3000
- For the savings, I created a Category called " New Car " and put the Savings Account Balance ($1000) in it, thus all I left , is to put the rest of the monies in the appropriate Categories.
- I would like to budget $250 a month for the new car
I understand the logic used that by transferring money between accounts, do not affect the Budget at all. But the $250 is not taken off the budget. So it does not make any sense to budget if you cannot use it ?
Have I made the proper steps so far ?