Can't make sense of budget, please help
So I've been using YNAB swimminly for the last few months, however now things have gone pear shaped.
I can't make sense of my TBB amount and total available figures.
I've followed the advice on this thread:
1. Advance to next month's budget. (The math is easier there, because all overspending is covered.)
2. In the right sidebar, when no categories are selected, you’ll see your Total Available amount, which is the sum of the Available column.
3. Add that to the amount you have left To be Budgeted and any amount Budgeted in Future, if applicable.
Let’s stop here for a minute, just in case your To be Budgeted was negative. If it is, you would need to subtract it from Total Available, because that means you’ve given jobs to dollars you don’t yet have. Preferably though, you would go back to this month’s budget and budget less in a few categories until To be Budgeted is back in the green at $0.
4. Now, add up the cash in your budget. That includes checking, savings, and cash accounts, plus any positive balances on credit cards if applicable.
5. Your totals in step 3 and 4 should match, to the penny.
Total Available for Sept is 5,892.64
TBB = 2,981.33
(Step 3) Total = 8,873.97
Step (4) Cash in Budget = 9,722.29
Step (5) Difference = 848.32 (extra cash in buget)
Can anyone suggest what to try next ?