Unable to add new Chase account (already have existing account)
I have a Chase credit card. I opened an additional Chase CC account earlier this month and have made several purchases already. I've tried adding the new CC several times, but YNAB only recognizes the first CC. When I click on the Chase connection still says "1/1 accounts connected." I even disconnected the old CC account and tried again. No luck. Any advice?
Hi Lou !
I know you mentioned disconnecting the account, but did you try Removing the account? It's a little different than a disconnect and resets the connection, which should allow you to pull in that new account. Don't worry, none of your account history is at risk! :)
Here’s a video to walk you through the steps below. If you’ve already tried this, or if you get to the end and you still can’t get connected, send a quick reply to let me know.
- Tap on Accounts
- Select ‘Add Accounts’
- Remove the connection(s) to this financial institution and hit ‘Cancel’.
- Select the account, tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the app, and select ‘Edit Account’.
- Select 'Connect to Bank', search for the financial institution, and follow the prompts.
If that doesn't do the trick, just reply to this message and we'll go from there! :)Reply
Faness Hi, I'm having the same issue. I have chase checking account and 2 credit cards. All of them opened a long time ago. Checking account and 1 credit card are already linked in YNAB. Today I've tried to link my second credit card but I see only checking account and first credit card. I've tried to remove connection and add it again but still see only 2 accounts.Reply
I had the same problem and was able to fix it:
- I had an old Chase credit card and recently (more than a month ago) opened a new credit card with Chase.
- Every attempt to link the new credit card failed (unlinking/re-linking accounts, closing/re-opening accounts, disconnecting/re-connecting banks, etc.). I was very thorough :)
- I opened YNAB in an incognito tab (has the same effect as clearing the cache) in Chrome, disconnected/re-connected the bank and it successfully listed both the old and new credit cards.
Note: I went back to the non-incognito window in Chrome, refreshed the page (but didn't clear the cache), and created a new account for the 2nd credit card. When I went to link it, the preview of the bank showed only 1 account existed. I clicked into the bank and at that point it showed the second credit card. This wasn't a huge issue but is a symptom of weird caching behavior. It might be worth filing a bug to look into it since the same behavior seems to be consistently happening to different people, and I doubt it's limited to Chase. It might be an easy to fix if you're using a service worker.Reply