Offering Pay to Screen Share and help me learn this software
I can offer $30 / hour to screen share with me and walk me through this software. I have read help articles, but simply learn best talking to a someone real time and one on one. (YNAB does not offer this).
I'd like to talk to an expert on YNAB to just ask questions. Here are some:
1. I'm subletting my apartment, but the rent is lower. How do I reconcile the difference for 9 months? I'm home for winter break so not paying rent for half of December and half of January. I get occasional grants or fellowships that either fund travel and research, or, are reimbursements I file later. How does that work into my budget?
2. What do I do about refunds from stores that clear after a budgeting period?
3. I don't understand goals. I would like to save for vacation, for instance, but don't get how saying I'll save $100 / month accomplishes anything at all.
4. I also invest sporadically and don't get how to budget for that.
5. How does YNAB work with Acorns (automatically round ups for spare change and invests)
Basically, I want to do the envelope technique (apportioning my stipend into designated categories), but digitally.
I'm at [email protected]. Thanks!
1) Budget for the rent amount you are actually going to pay. If the money is passing through you and you are paying the full amount, record the payment from the sub-lessee as income.
2)Categorize a refund back to the original purchase category. Then you can leave the money in the category or move it around in your budget.
3) I don't find goals useful. Some people use them as a reminder, but they are not in any way motivational.
4) Any money sent out of your budget is treated like spending. So you will need to budget for any money you send to investing accounts.
5) Turn off any automated round-up "keep the change" type program. It's unnecessary and redundant and creates extra work. In YNAB you save money deliberately.
Saved you $30/hr.
Hi Gray Rain !
We don't offer one-on-one meetings, but have you taken a look at our free, online workshops? They're taught by one of our educators, live! This means you're able to ask questions at the end.
Also, with your permission, support is able to take a look at your personal budget and walk through any questions you have via chat or email. :)