Locking an archived budget
I've started afresh and am keeping my old budget only for reporting purposes. Is there a way to lock it so that I don't accidentally add new transactions to it? It doesn't have any linked accounts.
Hi John Green ! Currently, it isn't possible to lock an archived budget. I do have a few tips to help prevent accidentally making changes to the old one:
- Rename your budget with something unique to easily tell the difference between the two.
- Under My Account, you can enable the setting to use your most recently-used budget by default when you login to the web app.
- If you use a bookmark, make sure it's set to http://app.youneedabudget.com and not a specific budget, or month.
- Make sure you're logged into the new budget on your mobile device. The mobile app will always open the last budget you accessed, so when you start a new budget—it's good to double check!
I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
I think the key steps to preserving your old budget as a "snapshot" of how everything looked when you stopped using it are:
1) unlink accounts (sounds like that's done) and
2) delete all scheduled transactions. If you've set up a recurrence, those suckers will just keep populating even if you're not approving them.