Punching above our weight with YNAB in our corner!
Just wanted to share our net worth graph from when we started using this version of YNAB. I am the first to admit that this doesn't look as impressive as I would want it to look but what YNAB has helped us achieve is something that I am deeply proud of.
Let me take you through it.
- July 2016 increase was due to my parents very generously gifting us a deposit for our first house.
- Sept 2016 decrease was us completing on that house. I track our mortage elsewhere so it isn't included in this networth graph.
- November 2017 decrease was due to us taking out a loan in order to buy a second car. My wife started work in the evenings so we needed to go up to 2 cars.
- November 2018 decrease was due to us taking out a second loan to replace our first car.
- February 2019 increase was due to some inheritence.
- September 2020 increase happened because we sold our second car due to my company deciding that we are going to now from home for the foreseable future due to COVID.
Other than the above this is where the real YNAB magic helped us. Within this timescale we have had 2 beautiful children. My wife stopped working from mid / late 2018 we have since then we have survived on 1 income. I am certain that this would not have been possible without YNAB and has meant that my wife could stay home with the kids and embrace that special time with them.
For the first time in 3 years we are also back in the green and this time we will stay there!
Thanks for taking the time to read and thank you YNAB I will forever be in your gratitude!