Undeleting a transaction
Is there a way to undelete a deleted transaction? Individually or in batch?
In my case, I started YNAB in April 2018 and wanted to back-fill my transactions from Jan-Mar. I started to import a CSV file, then deleted what I imported because I decided to use QFX from my bank. Now, YNAB says " 84 previously imported transactions have been skipped."
How can I either undelete my 84 transactions? Or, get YNAB to add then back? Thanks!
Hi Joshua Gelser !
To prevent duplicates from importing, YNAB won’t allow importing those transactions into that account. To get around that, you can either manually enter those transactions (though, back to the beginning of the year seems like a lot!) or create a new account.
If you create a new account, you can move all of the existing transactions over and delete the current account, that way you don't lose any transaction history. Here’s how to do that:
1. Click Add Account. Then choose the option to Add Manual Account.
2. Give the account a name that is slightly different than the one you already have. Choose the Account Type, and then enter a $0 starting balance (since we’re going to move over all the transactions from the other account).
3. Go to the original account, select all of the transactions, and move them to the new account using the Edit menu.
4. Refresh your browser.
5. Hover over the name of the original (now empty) account, click the edit icon, and Delete Account.
6. Now, you can edit the name of the new account and/or set up Direct Import if you'd like.
Now, when you import that file, you should be able to import those missing transactions just fine. :)