Income confusion

I have income coming in for my son with a disability from an Insurance company.

Should I record as income to be budgeted with  payee specific or, put the funds directly to the category I have set up for any thing I spend directly relating to disability??

Thanks community!

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • You should put income as to be budgeted. If you record it directly to an expense category, then it will net against your expenditures and you won’t have an accurate picture of what you spent. You can set up a master group specifically for your son’s expenses with individual categories for various expenses.

    Like 2
    • jayne_m  - Thank you

  • Keven Pearce

    I second Jayne_m's suggestion. Income should be categorized as Inflow: To Be Budgeted for a number of reasons (including keeping your reports accurate). You can create a 'Disability' Payee to indicate the funds came from the disability pay out and create a category group for those funds if you want to separate what you spend it on. :)

  • Thanks for the reply and I know have clarity:)

Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 618Views
  • 2 Following