Phasing Out Bank Importing Section
The time has come. I'm posting this in two places because it's important that we get the word out. We mentioned a while ago that removing the Bank Importing section from our Support Forum was a high priority for a myriad of reasons.
The primary reason being that these issues are difficult for the community to support. Each bank connection has several variables associated with it, so what works for one user will not work for another. Answers don't hold to the test of time and it ends up being frustrating.
We've heard from many of you that the issues related to bank connections flood your forum feed and it's difficult to weed out the threads where you actually can help.
On the support side, we find that the majority of you who add a comment about your bank connection have to go into our email queue for more personalized help. Instead of skirting around that process, we're going to go right to it starting now.
Here's what you can expect over the next couple of weeks:
- No new topics will be able to be created in the Bank Import section. Folks can still reply to the threads that exist for now, but clicking the topic button will lead them to a contact form for support.
- You'll notice we have a link on the home page to report a bank importing issue, just like we have with bug reports.
- Fill one of those out with your connection issues and our team will receive it directly through email and attached to your YNAB account. You'll get personalized help regarding your issue, and faster.
- Our forum team will make sure every single thread that has already been created in the Bank Importing section gets help. This part will take a bit of time, but we'll close comments on these threads as we finish them up.
- Once everyone has been helped in here, we'll close down the entire section so it will no longer be visible.
Moving forward, if a user posts in the support forum needing help with their bank connection, our team will move the question to email and close the thread.
File-based import questions can go into the Accounts & Transactions section. If you aren't able to find your financial institution in YNAB, we hope you’ll take a moment to suggest it in the app. Also, take a look at available Integrations to see if there is one that connects with your bank.
We're excited to offer a more clear and direct path to troubleshooting these issues. If you have any additional questions about this process, please add them here.
This really isn't working. When there was a Bank import section, most of the threads about importing were there & I just filtered out that section & never saw them. Now they are popping up in other areas & filling up the newest posts again. The new threads tend to appear faster than Support can close them, so many still get multiple responses.Reply