Posts & Attachments
How do I reply to a post?
Beneath any Forum post, you’ll see your user icon to the left of a box that says “Reply to Topic.” Click on the box and a comment box will appear. Type away!
How do I create my very own first post?
On the home page, you’ll see a button to the right of the All Topics Stream that says, “Start a New Topic.” Click there, and you’re on the way to starting a new thread of your very own!
Categorize your post according to your needs:
- If you have a question about using YNAB, post in the Q&A category group.
- If you want to start a general conversation or journal, post in the Community category group.
I can’t edit my own post!
When you post a new topic, you’ll have one hour to make edits before it’s locked. When you make a comment, the limit for edits is 30 minutes. To get in there and edit, click the three dots in the top right corner of your post.
If you need help making changes after that time window, send a private message to Nicole! :)
How do I include images, videos or attachments?
There are quite a few ways to include visuals or files. Buckle up as we take you through all the ways to add those pet photos:
- To add an image inline with the text, use the Add image icon embedded in the top of the comment box.
- If you’d like the graphic to show a preview, use the Add image feature above or below the comment box--or, simply drag and drop the file into the comment box. It will appear at the bottom of your post.
- To attach a file or graphic you’d like someone to open, use the Attach file feature above or below the comment box--or simply drag and drop the file into the comment box.
- To add a video as an attachment, first copy the website address from your video site (think Youtube, Vimeo, or Wistia…). Then click the Add Video icon at the top or bottom of the comment box.
Paste the website address, click OK, and your video will be added!
- To add a video inline with the text, paste the website address where you’d like it to appear in the body of the comment box, click on the address, then click OK. You’ll see the video, and can simply delete the URL! :)
When adding images or file attachments into posts, here are few guidelines to keep in mind:
There is a maximum file size:
File attachments: 50Mb
Most file types are supported, including PDF, ZIP, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We only support certain image types, though: PNG, JPG, GIF, Animated GIF, and SVG.
How do I handle problematic or offensive posts?
You’ll find details on how to report issues in our Community Guide.
I see a message that my post is in the moderation or spam queue...
If you don't immediately see your comment or thread, it may be pending review. This is usually caused by embedded links or language triggers (see the Living Room policy for more on that!). Support does their best to clear these as quickly as possible to get you back up and posting! ;)
What if I posted and didn’t get the answer I needed?
If you need one-on-one support with your budget, you can reach out to our support team right from your budget, like this. We’re happy to help!