Any APPS or strategy similar to YNAB
I am new user of YNAB, and so far in love with it. Wondering why didn't i do this all these years.
With that said, I consider this APP as my biggest win for 2020.
Does anyone have any other time saving tools similar to YNAB, to make them more efficient?
Another service that I use in conjunction with YNAB is a password manager service (1Password). There are many password managers on the market. This facilitates storage of complex passwords as well as provides quick login access to all of your accounts (I use a Mac so I simply pull up a bank account and use Command\ to login).
A To Do app to remind me of the numerous things... well, to do. From household maintenance (time to change the air filters), to renew the auto registration, to renew my passport, or reconcile YNAB. There are so many things, I could never remember them.
A cloud based calendar keeps the family schedules better on track and lessens the double booking. Some will use the calendar for the To Do reminders, but I find it to "passive" for that purpose. Things fall off my radar just because time passes, and I need something I can check off as complete.
Another thing you can do to simplify budgeting in general is reduce the number of credit cards and accounts you have. YNAB has an excellent article on this topic https://www.youneedabudget.com/guide/simplify/.
- I use eWallet for passwords and other important info. This works across my computer and mobile devices.
- I use my iPhone calendar to keep track of appointments and things to do. I make liberal use of the alerts so it reminds me a day before and then usually an hour before.
- And I also make liberal use of my iPhone Notes app, which I can also access on my computer, to keep track of pretty much everything else. Grocery lists, reminders, things that pop up in my head that I may act on later, movie lists to watch, books to read, almost anything.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience. Sounds like great list of strategyies to improve productivity.
I would like to add more of them from my experience:-
- Notes APP as others mention is my brain dump
- google drive for data organization
- iphone photos directly free upload(with lower resolution) to google photos
- Personal capital for investment tracking
- Google calendar for all upcoming payments and reminders. I am still struggling to get better organized and not overlook the reminders.
Sky Blue Harp said:
Google calendar for all upcoming payments and reminders
I use the calendar only for things with definite times. I use my ToDo list for a reminder to pay a given bill. The latter requires an active confirmation it's handled.
I use my iPhone calendar to keep track of appointments and things to do. I make liberal use of the alerts so it reminds me a day before and then usually an hour before.
Thank you for mentioning this! 🙂 I never knew you could set multiple alerts for the same event. This is a game changer!