How to migrate YNAB 3 budget to new YNAB app?
I bought YNAB 3 in October 2011 and have been using it on my laptop(s) ever since. I now want to use the new phone app (version 2.2), but I can't figure out how to bring my old budget data and settings into the new app. Any guidance would be much appreciated!
Unfortunately I don't think that is possible. The two mobile apps (YNAB and YNAB Classic) are specific to web-based YNAB and YNAB 4 respectively. I also don't think that there is a way to import a YNAB 3 budget into web-based YNAB (YNAB 4 has a specific process to import into web-based YNAB but it requires a bit of clean up once it is imported).
Hi Coral Keyboard !
To migrate your budget from YNAB 3, you'll need to take a short pit stop in YNAB 4 first. Here are the steps:
– Create your new YNAB account if you haven’t already.
– Download YNAB 4.
– When prompted, enter this key: 4RC74-8GBGL-DYYG8-NEHS3-MNCPK-3MZXK-63D3M-GLEA (it's a temporary key, which expires April 1st)
– Now, open your YNAB 3 budget in YNAB 4.
Now, you're ready to migrate your YNAB 4 budget to the new YNAB:
– In YNAB 4, select “Migrate to the New YNAB” from the File menu in YNAB 4.
– Select which budget you’d like to migrate to the new YNAB.
– Follow the prompts.
– Adjust your budget in the new YNAB if needed.
Let me know how it goes! 😊