not sure if this is the rigth forum, but here goes.
I have a funny balance on my credit card that I can't fathom out. First off, everything balances and reconciles, so I know my basis is correct. However, on the budget screen , the available amount set aside for payment to my Credit card is £3640.03, but the credit card balance is 3601.82. I can't see where that additional £38.21 has come from. The balance is correct.
Where's that additional amount in available and set aside come from?
There are a number of reasons why your credit card payment category may not match your account not balance. Here is a resource from a YNAB instructor.
Since the old forum is locked behind user registration, here's the list:
- starting balance on a paid-in-full card - category is lower
- overspending - category is lower
- uncategorized transactions - category is lower
- outgoing transfers to other on-budget accounts (e.g., gift card account, mixed funding splits) - category is lower
- purchase/cash-back rewards (should be categorized to TBB) - category is higher
- categorizing item returns as TBB (should use the original spending category instead) - category is higher
- reconciliation adjustment - category is lower for an outflow adjustment, higher for an inflow adjustment
- taking the account balance positive - category should be $0 in this case